The only way to permanently change the temperature in the room is to reset the thermostat. In the same way, the only way to change your level of financial success ‘permanently’ is to reset your financial thermostat. But it is your choice whether you choose to change.
-T. Harv Eker.
This module will save you from the surprises or sudden emergencies that may arise during your journey of life.
A few days back, a friend of mine was scheduled to board a flight for another city to attend an important business meeting. He had been waiting for the meeting for several weeks since this meeting was an opportunity to add more investors and dealers to his company. He reached the airport two hours before the scheduled time and positioned himself in the entry queue. After waiting in the queue for about fifteen minutes, he stepped on the security scanning pedestal. The security officer checked his eTicket and asked for his Aadhar Card. My friend checked every single pocket stitched to his clothes but, there was not Aadhar Card. He scanned his phone for a copy but to no avail. Ultimately, he was denied entry by the security officer.
He hurriedly called at his wife, but she had already left for the office and was distant quarters from the house. Now, if my friend had boarded a cab, it would have taken him good two hours since it was the peak traffic hour. Ultimately, he had to cancel his flight and return home with a long face.
Similarly, there could be times, when we are awaiting our turn, to be interviewed, for a job and we realize that we forgot to file the post-graduation mark sheet, which could have certainly fetched us the job.
There could be times when we are travelling, and suddenly we receive an SMS informing that today is the last day to submit the insurance premium or the policy would lapse. We are hundreds of miles away from our home, and the policy number is at home.
These are some unwanted situations that raise the hood some time or the other. But you can save yourself from caging yourself in a helpless situation. You can make arrangements for the solution to be made available at the click of a finger.
You could do so by creating certain folders on Cloud or attaching to Google drive or simply by emailing to yourself. Besides, you can create separate folders with documents attached in originals and keep them at a safe place.
Now, what are those five folders? Create five folders
Here are the folders you should create:
(I have just given colours to help you identify them separately)
- BLUE: Protection Related Folder- Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Car Insurance Policy documents, Health Cards, Premium Receipts.
- GREE: Property Related Folder- All your property related original documents are to be stored here.
- YELLOW: Banking Related Folder- All your bank related documents like bank lockers, savings accounts, etc.
- RED: All the Bills/Receipts/Warranty Cards Folder: Especially the white goods and gadgets like mobile which may need replacement.
- PURPLE: Education Related and Important Documents like Graduation, Post-Graduation degree and all other certificates in originals.
Create scanned versions
Create scanned versions of all the important documents like the above five folders.
Now that you have created the five folders, scan and keep all these documents in a soft copy like a scanned copy in Cloud storage so that you can access them from anywhere around the world.
Furthermore, create an Emergency Black Box as follows:
- Create an Emergency Black Box Kit for your Family: Should anything happen to you or you are still alive, but cannot speak or communicate, you must have created this folder to let your family know what to do during such an They have just to open this folder, and they can quickly get started with organizing your financial life back to near normal.
- Create a “Runaway” File: Create a “Runaway” File: Now that your 6 (5+1) folders are ready, get them photocopied and keep them together in one folder called Run-Away folder. It should be something you can pick up in 2 minutes; and perhaps go to another city and be able to start your life altogether, in a new way.
These are some smart steps that can make you steer-clear of unwanted hassles and enable you to live a smooth life.
Life is unpredictable!
You can’t be caught off guard, with all your plans, going up in flames you never saw coming! Despite all preparations, these folders will come in handy! Prepare them well, for such situations don’t come announced!
Have a happy, contended, safe and secured journey to your life of Abundance.
Now that you have learned about the significant steps, let’s move on to the next module; From Dependence to Interdependence.